Machine Shop Technician - Lathe NightsApply Now
Reporting to the nights Shop Supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating machines in the cell. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required. This position is a night shift position.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and self-inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification).
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' Lathe machining experience.
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Candidates will be tested
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour Weekend night shift, Friday, Sat, Sunday
By clicking on "Apply" you agree to answer the following questions;
1) Do you have a grade 12 diploma?
2) Do you have 3 to 5 years' Lathe machining experience in an After Heat Treat environment?
3) Are you willing and able to work the night shift-Monday to Friday (11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.)?
4) Are you willing to work overtime and cover vacations of other teams members within the cell as required?
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.