Machine Shop Technician - Boring Mill - Night ShiftApply Now
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft -- our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren't satisfied with today's success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement -- we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor on the night shift, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating machines in the Large Parts cell. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and performing self inspection (SI&A).
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of current Boring Mill CNC machining experience.
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is required.
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Must be willing to work the night shift (Sunday to Thursday 11pm to 7am)
UTC Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.