Staff Tool Design EngineerApply Now
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Staff Tool Design Engineer designs/leads/coordinates various tooling, fixturing for machining, welding, assembly, handling, ground support and composites tooling. On occasions, position requires support of Master Dimension activities, such as design assist for NC machining and Mylar creation and plotting for inspection tooling. This position will work directly with multiple engineering disciplines (Manufacturing, Product, Quality, Stress, etc). The Staff Engineer will also serve as technical focal for tooling related issues on new and legacy product designs and manufacturing processes.
- Must communicate and interface openly and frequently with Managers, Project Engineers and other engineers and participate/lead periodic project reviews and customer discussions, as required, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to perform calculations of equipment sizing and define structural and technical specifications.
- Must be able to adopt and implement Continuous Improvement and Lean principles, including but not limited to leading Kaizen events.
- Carries out detailed tool designs and or checks work utilizing CATIA V5 3D modelling (Model Based Definition) designs standard work.
- Responsible for preparing, coordinating and presenting design reviews.
- Ensures configuration control of designs and business strategies. Responsible for leading/mentoring junior level engineers.
- 5+ years direct relevant experience in Tool Engineering and Manufacturing, Operations environment (Aerospace preferred).
- Strong Mechanical/Manufacturing Aptitude.
- Good understanding of assembly, machining and composite manufacturing processes.
- Good understanding of tool fabrication processes including welding, machining, heat treat, etc.
- Good understanding of Handling Equipment (loads, CG), and Ground Support Equipment. Good understanding of ANSI Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Knowledge of CAD/CAM systems, CATIA V5 MBD (2000 hours minimum) experience preferred.
- Experienced in Lean manufacturing principles and strong aptitude towards implementing continuous improvement. Experienced in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and good technical writing skills.
- Experience with tooling stress analysis in FEM and classical methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Industrial, Aero)
- Experience in lieu of education.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.