Staff Automation EngineerApply Now
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Develops program and project requirements for highly complex equipment (automated or conventional), concepts for manufacturing solutions, including alternatives for existing production systems.
- Validates analysis of technical data, influences product engineering design and proposes robotics, automation or technical recommendations to support production system integration for a aerospace products.
- Leads the development of multiple automated and equipment concepts utilizing alternative resources to rapid prototyping solutions.
- Leads the creation and modification of equipment and assists in tooling definition at the program level.
- Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and quality targets.
- Ensures compliance with safety, productivity, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Leads gated reviews and develops plans for production readiness, preventative maintenance and spares.
- Validates contractual performance milestones.
- Develops and implements work-arounds and maintains configuration of hardware, software and documentation.
- Conducts studies and make recommendation for disposition of assets.
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to strategically organize and complete projects, tasks and business objectives.
- Drive the usage of appropriate Project Management and Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions.
- Solve complex problems and manage multiple tasks and personnel simultaneously.
- Track record of maintaining positive long-term business relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and written at all levels. Both internally and externally.
- Experience in the development of project plans using Microsoft Project; including schedule, budget and resource planning. Evaluation of technical options against schedule and budgetary constraints.
- Critical Competencies: Project Focus, Drive for Results, Technical Skills, Interpersonal Leadership Skills, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork.
- Travel will be required to meet with automated solution providers, attend technical conferences / trade shows to evaluate material processing advancements, and customer facilities for meetings and manufacturing reviews. •
- The position is to be based out of Chula Vista, CA with periodic travel multiple facilities in Riverside, CA, Seattle, Mexico, France, and Tianjin (20%).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated product and organization knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with minimum supervision to identify and complete standard tasks.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Experience implementing automation solutions for Composite Automation and/or metallic components and assemblies (Manufacturing, Polishing, Machining, Assembly, Laser systems, welding, etc.).
- Experience with coordinating and executing equipment, tooling, and part qualifications.
- Experience with material system development to improve automated capabilities.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and program/project management tools.
- Bachelor of Science Degree and 10+ years Aerospace / Manufacturing experience Or Master of Science Degree and 5+ years Aerospace Manufacturing experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.