Senior Manufacturing Engineering, Detail & Metallic FabricationApply Now
|When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.|
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
UTC Aerospace is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Detail & Metallic Fabrication. This position is for a seasoned professional who works independently, facilitates the design of detail components to support the assembly line. Validates and improves manufacturability/producibility of new and existing products, implement manufacturing processes and changes to improve production and reduce costs.
Position Minimum Requirements
- Demonstrate complete understanding and use of wide application of manufacturing technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and independently determine approach to solutions.
- Advanced understanding of the manufacturing process and able to utilize/interpret drawings & specifications in order to drive new product development and producibility improvements (High Complexity).
- Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform intermediate math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of forming and manufacturing of the following alloys: aluminum, steels, nickel base and titanium.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and interpret specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop procedures, planning, and technical information.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems involving quality, on-time delivery and manufacturing costs.
- Knowledgeable of all lean manufacturing tools.
- Up to possibly 30% travel-Mexicali, Los Angeles and Detroit. May travel to other tooling vendors.
- Project Management
- Robotics and Automation Six Sigma Project Management
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Machining and welding knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge/Experience with additive manufacturing & 3D printing
- Knowledge of writing tools orders
- Knowledge of MRP system, SAP preferred.
- Knowledge of various CATIA and PC systems (Pro-E optional)
- Knowledge of Teamcenter (PLM-Product Lifecycle Management) a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering/Related (similar degree) Degree with 4-7+ years of aerospace experience or
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing/Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering/Related (similar degree) Degree with 2-4+ years of aerospace experience.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.