Senior Design EngineerApply Now
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
- Individual contributor who may lead a small technical project and help mentor less experienced engineers.
- Teach others how to use/apply engineering tools/practices.
- Develop repair procedures for nacelle structural hardware to substantiate Structural Repair Manuals (SRM) repairs and allowable damage.
- Work with production engineering to understand design changes and evaluate impact to structure maintainability, repairability, and maintenance manuals (CMM, SRM, AMM).
- Work with engine manufacturers and air framers to support complex technical issues requiring creativity and ingenuity in expanding product repairs and allowable damage limits.
- Prepare Repair package to support SRM/CMM repair development for submission to the Type Certificate holder.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- FiberSim, Arbortext Isodraw, and/or Corena experience desirable
- Familiarity with nacelle structure
- Knowledge and understanding of maintenance, repair, overhaul, and regulatory requirements in the commercial aircraft industry
- Technical writing and PC skills
- CATIA V5
- Technical writing
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 4+ years experience or
- Master's Degree in Engineering with 2+ years experience or
- PhD in Engineering with 0+ years experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.