Manager - General EngineeringApply Now
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
- Direct the activities of assigned engineers and technicians in the Structural Test Laboratory.
- Responsible for overseeing the design, fabrication, assembly and testing of nacelle component test articles and test fixtures.
- Plan and execute test operations in this area including oversight of data acquisition, measurement and control systems supporting the Structural Test operation.
- Will also provide cost and schedule estimates, assign resources, track schedule and cost performance and review/approve test results for all activity within the Structures Lab.
- Minimum of 5 years aerospace/mechanical engineering test experience.
- Requires knowledge and experience with structural test activity including servo-hydraulic controls, actuators, hydraulic supplies and associated systems.
- Knowledge of Catia v5 and direct experience in the design of structural/mechanical test rigs.
- Familiarity with structural test instrumentation including strain gauges, load cells, displacement and crack propagation sensors is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline required.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.