Manager, General Engineering, Customer Support Engineering – StressApply Now
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward.
This position will lead a team of stress analysts to develop and substantiate One-Off repairs for Airline customers and assign daily tasks and priorities for stress team. Manager will ensure all technical, airworthiness and regulatory requirements are complied with and means of compliance evidence documented. Manager will utilize continuous improvement methods to standardize methods of analysis, support development of automation and analysis tools, and develop point-of-use tools for quickly locating stress data.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Ability to effectively lead direct reports, encourage team environment, plan and prioritize multiple tasks to support deliverables.
- Prior experience in the development of aircraft metallic and composite nacelle and exhaust structural repairs and allowable damages.
- Demonstrate knowledge and technical understanding of maintenance, repair, and regulatory requirements in the commercial aircraft industry.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate well with internal and external customers and be driven to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to serve as the key point of contact for internal and external customers on SRM and related repair issues.
- Must be able to lead individuals and teams in the generation of standard work for repair development and stress analyses.
- Ability to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management personnel.
- Experience in managing budgets and forecast spend.
- Excellent technical writing and PC skills.
- Foster a continuous improvement and quality culture.
- Familiarity with aircraft nacelle structures and systems
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 6+ years experience
- Master's degree in Engineering with 4+years experience
- PhD in Engineering with 2+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.