Associate Engineer - Weights EngineeringApply Now
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
- Know and communicate the weight status
- Understand the product and advocate to ensure the optimum solution
- Calculate the weight, center of gravity and inertia of nacelle and thrust reverser structures & systems, using CATIA and other calculating methods
- Estimate weights for new concepts based on preliminary, parametric or conceptual information
- Understand nacelle and thrust reverser structures and systems, including design requirements, materials, load paths, and failure modes, and their impact on the weight
- Work with the engineering team to identify the optimum solution and achieve the weight requirement
- Communicate with suppliers and manufacturing sites to gather weight data and ensure compliance with weight requirement
- Measure and analyze actual weights, analyze statistical trends and compare results with calculations
- Update, publish and present weight reports and weight status information
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of Excel
- CAD experience (Catia and Enovia preferred)
- Understanding of product development and engineering principles
- Ability to work on a multiple projects at the same time while meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work well autonomously
- Strong desire to learn skills to help the team
- Minimum 1 years of experience in the aerospace industry
- Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.