Network & Mobility InternApply Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Req ID 41130BR Date posted 01/11/2017 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
The Network & Telecommunications team, a part of the End User Services IT organization, manages network, telecommunications, and mobility services for all 150+ UTC Aerospace Systems locations globally. The team will be managing several impactful business projects throughout 2016, and the successful candidate will be able to effectively track project milestones and complete assigned actions.
The candidate will be assisting the project leads with duties related to successful execution of three key IT projects supporting UTC Aerospace Systems’ business. The candidate will also assist the team in operational tasks related to day-to-day support of UTAS’ network, telecommunications, and mobility environment, as assigned.
- The candidate must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate technical actions to a non-technical audience.
- Experience or coursework with networking or telecommunications is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Above all, the successful candidate will be energetic, have an excellent work ethic, and possess a desire & ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, CS, or related field
- GPA 3.0 or above required
- Completion of 30 credit hours
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
Staying one STEP ahead of the competition.
Learn more about how one of UTC Aerospace’s Systems Engineers recently received a prestigious STEP Award for Excellence in Manufacturing.More
Submerging students in science.
We recently donated $10,000 to the living Coast Discovery Center in California – and here’s what middle and high school students did with it.More
Director of Systems Engineering, Rockford, Illinois
“The best part of my job is the people I work with. I continue to learn from my colleagues in systems and software, and all the other great experts in our group. Our division develops the electrical systems for the airplane – work that’s as exciting as it is challenging. It creates a healthy tension between the business reason for a project and “we want this to do cool, great things.” I have to be the one to say, “OK, now show me the reason and why it makes sense commercially” – and that’s something I really enjoy doing.”
Manufacturing Engineering & Tooling Manager, Aerostructures, Toulouse, France
“I’ve worked on many inspiring projects at UTAS. One that I’m particularly proud of is the infrared drying technique for paint I developed. Leading the project in its entirety, I was able to collaborate with experts as I drove the technology forward. Once complete, my shop was able to reduce the required floor space by half, and lower energy consumption by a factor of five. Today, a third infrared oven has been built to support the Airbus A350 Value Stream at Toulouse, and a fourth one is in construction at Hamburg.”