Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That's why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
An experienced Manufacturing Engineer is required to provide proactive and project target focused automation solutions and improvements at the Banbury facility. In addition, the role will provide on going support for various operational projects.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day support to current automation and plan future automation projects, Including funding, specifying, purchasing and commissioning automation equipment, helping to ensure that safety, quality and output targets are met for a given area of the Banbury facility
- Author, implement and maintain a robust 'standard work' process deck that meets stringent quality management system requirements
- Ensure automation manufacturing methods and processes within the facility are capable of meeting requirements for quality, delivery rate, cost and lead time
- Develop, improve and provide innovation to the manufacturing process, including the trial and implementation of new technologies
- Support quality issue investigations, quickly providing robust containment actions and conducting root cause analysis to implement permanent corrective actions
- Support new product introduction activities, through working closely with Design Engineering, ensuring that new capabilities / methods are at the required level of readiness for production and application
This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position; it is meant to give a general description of what the main duties are, recognising that the successful job incumbent may be requested to fulfil assignments in other departments within the business, commensurate with the level of this role.
Essential Requirements / Qualifications / Skills / Personal Characteristics:
- Relevant Manufacturing Experience
- An understanding of manufacturing systems, measurement equipment and production flow lines and the introduction of new technologies
- Technically competent with the ability to read engineering drawings and reports, and metrology results
- Experience of specifying, designing, procuring and commissioning automation equipment and tooling
- Experience of authoring clear and concise standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of Lean principles and quality problem solving tools
- Able to conduct Equipment FMEAs
- A strong awareness of current machinery legislation
- A working knowledge of PLC languages
- A working knowledge of robot programming
- A working knowledge of integrating equipment and systems
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Data driven with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- An awareness of current EH&S legislation
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to operate effectively within a matrix organisation structure
- A flexible approach to working to ensure that deliverables are met within the defined timescale
- Business travel may be required <10%
- Experience of composite material manufacturing
- Experience of Industrial engineering (work study)
- Knowledge of SolidEdge CAD package
- Experience of filament wind programming and proving
- SAP experience/awareness
- Professional Engineering accreditation
- Flexible approach to working to ensure that deliverables are met within the defined timescale
- An appreciation of Industry 4.0 Methodology
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks and/or learn new skills which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given.
As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, Crompton Technology Group Limited ("CTG") will require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks. In addition CTG will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment.
Key EH&S requirements
* Adheres to UTC's Cardinal rules and relevant site specific safety requirements
* Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of themselves and that of their colleagues, raising hazards and issues to supervision where appropriate
* Proactively seeks to introduce inherently safe processes and progressively eliminate health and ergonomic risks from the manufacturing process
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.